Sunday, July 16, 2006 @Sunday, July 16, 2006
Who can refrain that had a heart to love, and in that love courage to make’s love known. It’s a quote from the Shakespearean text Macbeth. We never know what it truly means until we’ve experienced something that will make us say something like that. That quote means that whoever loves someone so much will do what I did for him.
When I read that line, it struck a chord deep within me. Many of us say that we will love someone so much that we would give our lives for that one person. But how many of us would actually do that? We don’t say that we kill someone to protect the one we love. But instead we say that we will sacrifice our own life so that someone else can live. How many of us can say that that is what we will really do?
I know that without a doubt, I’d die for the people I love. Because in my eyes, it doesn’t matter what happens to me. All that matters is that they are happy and unhurt. I know it sounds very foolish. But all I truly want is to see the people so dear to my heart happy. It pains me so much to see the people I love in pain. And it hurts even more if they don’t open up and let me in to help. It’s hard enough to see the pain in their eyes. Its like as if they’re crying out to you to help them. You want to. But they don’t allow you to.
I don’t want to see them suffer the way I had to suffer. I see what they’re going through and I know how it feels. I’ve learnt from it. And I want to help them get through it. I want them to know that they are not alone in this journey of life. It’s not easy. But it’s not that hard also. When you know that there are people beside you to catch you no matter what. That there are people behind you cheering you on and giving you support in whatever you do. It makes the journey so much easier. But do you want to let them into your lives and say that you will allow them to help you?