Tuesday, January 22, 2008 @Tuesday, January 22, 2008
I saw the look on her face
A look I knew so well
Why did she have to go through this
She's beautiful to me, my baby sister
I’ll protect her from harm
And save her the tears
I’ll give up all I have to go through life for her
I’ll pick her up and dust her knee when she falls
I know the feeling of hurt
So painful, unbearable
All she wants to do is disappear
She talked to me and ask me
What should she do
I told her to fight for what she wants
I’ll support you no matter what
You're beautiful, Intelligent
You’re my heroin
Since the time you were a baby
I knew you’d do great thing
A mind like yours
So focus on what you want
And let me tell you my baby
No matter how many guys come and go
I make this promise to you
I’ll never leave your side
You never have to walk alone
I’ll be holding your hands
Kissing your forehead
Hugging you tightly
And prepare you for another round
So don't ever worry.
My older sister wrote that for me when I was going through hell last year. And I'm forever greatful to her for the little things she does. Sure we bicker a lot at times and we argue. But she's my sister and I love her to bits! No one love can feel like the love of a sister. None can phantom the kind of things my sister would do for me to protect me from everything that harms me. There is no life without my sister. When all I wanted to do was disapper, she held me close and told me that everything would be alright. And I believed her. I knew that she understood. I know that no matter what happens in life, she'll be right there beside me. She'll share in my joys and my sorrows. In reply to her poem written for me, I wrote something for her. I'm not too sure if she's read it before since its been kept in this laptop that we share for like the longest of times.
You’ve always been there
To catch me when I fall
You’ve always been there
To shower me with love and care
You’ve always been there
To tell me that things will be okay
No guy, no one
Can ever replace the love
Of a mother, father or sibling
You are my sister
My one and only
I am no different from who you are
I still am human
The flaws I see within me
The world has yet to see
But yet I know that no matter what,
You my sister will always accept me
The world may hate me for who I am
But you will always love me
You will stand by me
When the whole world is against me
Where else can I find such love
Except in the embrace of my sister
This gift from God
That only I have
This beautiful person who stands before me
This wonderful person who loves me unconditionally
You are my sister
There’s no denying it
And when troubles come my way
You are there to defend me
You try to shelter me from everything that can hurt me
But yet you know
That I too must learn to fall
And though it pains you
You are eager and waiting to pick me up
To get me started on the right track
I don’t say this very much
But you are my one and only
You are the only sister in my life
You are the one I’ll always love
Nothing can change that
Not even the cutest or smartest of guys
I love my sister. I understand how you feel babe. We've all been there. But part of life, is learning from an experience and moving on. It doesn't make that part of our life any less real. In fact, it makes it more real. It makes the experience mean so much more than just a mistake or something that went wrong. It becomes part of our lives. The pain and anguish will pass. The memory will not fade. But you will see, that its not as bad as it seems. In time, things will be alright. I'll always be here to catch you when you fall. I'll always be here to wipe away your tears.
I love you Faith!
She's all I need to brighten up my day. My life and my love!