Friday, March 21, 2008 @Friday, March 21, 2008
I know of only a few things in life
You
Me
Our love
And love itself
None complete without the other
But yet so complete it hurts
Seeking its solace in another
My solace is gone
You were my solace
You were my comfort
You were my help
You are my love
You left me standing here
All alone once again
I watch your back
As you walk away once again
I scream and shout
And beg you to stay
But you turn a deaf ear
To my pleas and cries
You turned around
You saw my face
You saw the tears I wept
And still you walked away
I gathered myself
I told myself
A strong front you must put on
I wiped my tears away
And walked away from the memories.
The poem written above is evidence of what happens to a mind like mine once school gets boring. I wrote that last year after a fight I had with someone. I really love the poem. Its something that has loads of truth to it. I did walk away from all the memories, it was the only way for me to move on with my life. I know I always say that cherishing the memories will make whatever happened seem less of a mistake. I guess thats just one of my many advice to people that I myself can't swallow. It just wasn't possible for me in that situation. If it were anything different, I would have really cherished every single moment. But I just couldn't. Not for something that meant nothing to the other person.
I watched the sunset
Never to rise again in my life
I fell into the darkness that night brought
I lost the only one I loved
To the setting of the sun
The demise of my love
The demise of your love
The demise of our love
The love that kept me warm
I loved the way our hearts beat as one
How I wish the beats of my heart would just stop
There's no life without you here
I've lost all my meaning
The day your heart stopped beating in time with mine
There's no love with you gone
There's no life without you by my side
There's no world left for me to belong to
No one can ever take your place
Today I sit here and let the darkness engulf me
It swallows me whole
It fills my very soul
Pushing the light right out of my life
I wonder why the sun has left me
Why my world is now so dark
I am no creature of the dark
I am a creature of the light
Now I fear the world I live in
Now I know my light is gone
Now I see the light in my life
Is you.
I wrote the poem above in my art room one day. While I was in school painting my 'O' Level coursework with my teacher and a few friends. I was watching the sun set and that was when inspiration struck. It was kinda odd because I had no problems then. Things were all smiles with me and someone else. But I was right. We were two very different people. He, the creature of the dark and I was a creature of the light. So contrasting but yet unable to exsit without the other. But he did leave me in the end. I was bitter about it at first, but it was for the best. I moved on and became a stronger person.
If it hadn't happened, I wouldn't have realised that all my life there was only one person who loved me all this while and whom I loved. He was always there to mend my broken heart. He knows who he is though he doesn't read this page. He's the one I can see a lifetime of love with. I'll always love him with all my heart. There's no doubt about it. I'm not one who toys with peoples hearts.