Friday, May 09, 2008 @Friday, May 09, 2008
I tucked the memories away
Far away in the back of a secret drawer
I locked it away
So no one can touch them
So I don't have to look at them
So I don't feel the pain
I thought that all these measures taken would help
I thought that the pain would subside
But then one day I felt it all crash down upon me
I felt the air in my lungs being pushed out
I felt my soul leave my body
They say that no one has ever died of a broken heart
But what if they had a broken spirit too
I'm falling apart
Nothing's holding me together.
I miss you so
I miss your words
I miss your face
I want you here
I need you here
You hold me together when things go wrong
You keep me safe and warm through this cold cold path that I'm on
I need you here by my side
I need to know that you still care
I miss the sound of your voice
I miss the sweet words you'd whisper into my ear.