Saturday, July 19, 2008 @Saturday, July 19, 2008
Tonight I sit here
I think about the choices I've made
About the choices that I'm going to have to make soon
Not only in my life,
But in the lives of others as well
My heart,
So heavy and burdened
I know not what to do anymore
I'm lost in this sea of emotion
I've lost the person I used to be
I think about the future
I think of running away from my present
But still I see nothing when running away
I see a future of darkness
No light to guide my path
My faith
Once as strong as a mighty rock
Now a candle flickering in the wind
So delicate,
So fragile
Just like the life that possesses it
I need guidance
I used to know where I was going
But now I'm running in all directions
I'm running into the nothingness that surrounds
My heart and soul
So conflicted though the same
Can you show me the way?
Can you lead me the way you used to?
I miss your guidance
I miss your voice
Lord, will you guide me now
On this journey that I feel so lost on
On this path that you've paved for me
Lord, please guide me.
Amen.