Thursday, August 07, 2008 @Thursday, August 07, 2008
I remember when life used to be so simple. All I had to do was wake up in the morning knowing that things would be alright. Not a care in the world. When everyone was a friend (or at least you always thought so). When no one would talk behind your back(at least to the best of your knowledge). When there was only good and bad. I miss those days. Those times when all you needed was your Mum and Dad.
They always say that as you get older you need your parents less. But I find that, the older I get, the more I look to my parents for answers. Its like as if I'm growing backwards. Haha. I remember distancing myself from my family when I was in primary school. I only went to them when I was in trouble and they always bore the brunt of my anger all the time. Its not something I'm proud of, but its something that did happen.
As I sit in the library today and research on Uni's I may want to go to and the courses I want to take, I actually realised that in all my life, I never had to do something this important by myself. And because of that, I saw how much I actually disregarded the guidance of my family in my past 16 + years of living. I know I've still got a few years to make this decision, but then again, I am always changing my mind especially if I've no goal to work towards to. I don't know what I want to do for real just yet. And its scary because I've got only a few years to decide and I'm already taking a course in a particular field.
I remember in secondary and primary school, this kinda things don't really matter because almost everyone does the same things except maybe in Sec 3 where you choose the subjects you want. I miss having the easy life. Or the less complicated life.