Friday, December 19, 2008 @Friday, December 19, 2008
Marie Digby - Voice on The Radio
Last night I fell in love with a stranger
Behind the glass house he came walking out the backdoor
Into a crowd of screaming girls calling his name
.
.
.
But who am I kidding to even think that you might see me
It's in the stars that girls like me
And boys like you were never meant to be
So here I stand fighting what I feel for you
Torn between what reason says and how I really feel
And here I stand, wondering what to say to you
Hoping that you feel the same, the same as I do
Would you be scared if I told you I like you
And would you run if I told you I love you
Cause here I stand fightin what I feel for you
Torn between what reason says and how I really feel
And here I stand, wondering what to say to you
Hoping that you feel the same, the same as I do
I never saw it coming the way a voice can make it feel
And I fear that I am falling
I should be old enough to know
Not to fall in love with the voice on the radio.
I actually ran out of poetic things to say. So I think that this song should suffice. And yes, I really am "Torn between what reason says, and how I really feel" and it seems silly I know. I tell people to follow their hearts most of the time, but now I just can't step out in faith because of what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid of losing what I already have. But I can't have my cake and eat it at the same time. I really do "fear that I am falling". Falling for the one person I swore I wouldn't fall for because I knew that this would happen. The voice of reason in my head tells me to just forget about it and move on, but my heart tells me to hold on. Don't you think that its always a constant struggle between your heart and your mind? And I've always been the person who sought to please people, and I can't please both my heart and mind when they're going in two completely different directions. I know in the long run, listeninig to my mind would be a better thing to do, but if you never try, you never know and I don't want to live with the should've would've could've. I don't want to think that I missed out on an opportunity at love. And I don't know if "you'd run if I told you I love you". Would you stay? I fall in love real quickly, and I give my heart away real quick as well. And when I do, I don't want to take back what I've already been given. We'll see if you stay or run when the time comes for me to ask. Or tell.