Monday, January 26, 2009 @Monday, January 26, 2009
Acceptance. Something that's so difficult to give or to muster.
I've got to accept that things won't be the same.
I've got to accept that there is someone else for me.
I've got to accept that I shouldn't make that person wait.
I've got to accept that that person will not always be there.
I've got to accept that that person will never be you.
I've got to accept that I'm not the one for you.
I've got to accept that we're meant for greater.
I've got to accept that I have to
move on. Acceptance...Something I just can't muster.
I've got to accept that there's someone better for you.
I've got to accept that she's already in your life.
I've got to accept that she's a nice person no matter what.
I've got to accept that she's better for you that I'll ever be.
I've got to accept that she'll soon take my place.
I've got to accept that you might not be the friend you said you'd be.
I've got to accept that people don't always keep their words.
I've got to accept that you might be one of those people.
I've got to accept that I've been guilty of that too.
Acceptance.....It's just so elusive.
Can you accept all that?
If you can, can you help me try?
Am I asking for too much?
You get angry everytime I ask, so should I just suffer in silence?
I guess I was always right.
And people in my life were wrong about you.
I hope life treats you well my dear scandal.
Or maybe ex-scandal. I don't know anymore.
Please, enlighten me.