Sunday, July 12, 2009 @Sunday, July 12, 2009
Sometimes I wish that things were as easy as they were once before
When you'd tell me, and I'd listen and you didn't doubt
Times like these I wish I knew the right words
Times like these I wish I was the one you turned to
Your friend always there
But I know that right has to be earned
Because I know I threw that down the drain
You'll tell me not to dwell on it
But its when everything started changing
Not for the better
Maybe for you, but not for me
That day sent my life into a never ending tail spin
And I feel like I don't know which direction I'm supposed to be heading to
I thought that it would get easier since we started talking
But it seems more like you talked to make me at ease
You know me most probably more that anyone else I know
You know the thoughts that will run through my mind
And I wish somehow that I knew what was going through yours
Because everytime I see you
I see that plastic smile
I want you to find someone who makes that smile real
One thats not plastered on all the time
As your friend I just want to see you genuinely happy
Thats my only wish for you
If I can help by listening, please tell me
You know I'll never judge you for real
Because like you said, we're just very good friends
The kind that fall into sync even after a long hiatus.
You'll always be that friend to me
If your image of me has changed, then I'm sorry.