Wednesday, September 30, 2009 @Wednesday, September 30, 2009
We all face that question every day. We don’t know if we should remain true to ourselves or just conform to the standards that society and our environment imposes upon us. We’re not made to blend in with the crowd. Each one of us is an individual; we have so many things that make us different, things far greater and more complicated than just simple genetics. We each have our own idiosyncrasies that help us form who we are and what we stand for. We each behave differently or react differently to a situation because of the way we were raised or the environment that we grew up in and the conditions that we have had to overcome. But that’s what makes us special. That’s why we were born to stand out and be who we are.
So many people in the world just want to blend in because they think that they are not great. But who are they not to be? We were born for greatness. Each person has something great to offer to this world. We can be a voice for someone else who needs the courage to find their own voice, or the heart that someone needs to find it within them to love and care again. There is so much that each one of us can do to help someone else realized their greatness, but to do that, we have to realize our own.
I was once afraid of being who I am, and who I was meant to be. But trying to blend in never worked of me. I always spoke differently or carried myself with more confidence than others or wore different clothes or listened to music no one liked. I was always different and when I was younger I didn’t know why it didn’t bother me. I used to think that I was “normal” and the others around me didn’t know what they wanted to do and stuff like that. But the truth of the matter is, we all know what we want deep inside, and we all have the ability to stand on our own and not get lost in a sea of people, it all depends on......