Thursday, June 17, 2010 @Thursday, June 17, 2010
I've decided that if I ever get married...The song to my father-daughter dance will be ........
Lullabye (Goodnight my Angel) by Billy Joel
Time to close your eyes
And save these questions for another day
I think I know what you've been asking me
I think you know what I've been trying to say
I promised I would never leave you
And you should always know
Wherever you may go
No matter where you are
I never will be far away
Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark and deep
Inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me
Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry
And if you sing this lullabye
Then in your heart
There will always be a part of me
Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabyes go on and on
They never die
Thats how you
And I
Will be
And I want the song done A Cappella. Its so awesome. And I just realllly love the words. Was thinking of Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle, but I think my sister would use that in her wedding, she'd use either that or Dance With My Father. So yea, Lullabye is definitely up there on my list of songs for a father-daughter dance. :D
But I think at the end of the day I'll let my dad decide. It should be something he wants to say to me and something I want to say to him. So I guess I'll make us both make a list and then from there decide.
I swear I'm the weirdest person I know. Usually people start thinking about their wedding when they're with someone they really love. But I'm single and I'm thinking about a wedding I wanna have. Haha...I think its because I want a wedding that so filled with love and music, and also because in my mind its quite clear the kinda person I wanna marry. It may not come true, but I'm sure I'll find someone who will let me have the kinda wedding I wanna have. It doesn't cost much to have the wedding I wanna have. Entertainment will be no issue...food will be simple, maybe I'll have a barbecue for the dinner reception!!! Sounds fun....hahaha...yes Freda is nonsensical. Haha...But its an idea...Music will be simple a simple acoustic set by friends and me and hopefully the groom (whoever the poor guy ends up being)! Hahaha :)