Monday, June 28, 2010 @Monday, June 28, 2010
Once again, another song I'd love at a wedding for my father daughter dance....
In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride
In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
Gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes
And when she wraps her hand around me finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes
I think this past week with the entire family has made me realise how much I've been missing out on in terms of getting to know my family. Seeing how similar I am to everyone and seeing how protective all of us are of each other. I really am blessed to have such a family. Today I can proudly stand and say that I'd do anything for anyone in my family and I know they'd do the same for me. I spend so much time resenting people and some things that've been said and done in the past, I was starting to forget how short this life is. I can't imagine my life without the people I have in it right now. I always say that if I leave, I'll do fine and stuff. But I'm starting to realise that I'll be fine, but I'll be missing my family. No more Chinese New Year gatherings, no more gatherings at Mama's place. Having Amanda and Trae and Aunty Maureen and Uncle Derward and Dustin here reminds me of how quickly this life is passing by. I'm going to be 19 this year and I don't see enough of the people who would do anything to protect me. I'm the youngest of the lot, and my cousins and my siblings, they'd do anything to protect me and I would do the same for them. Cause at the end of the day, we only have our family. I'm soo afraid of losing anyone in my life. Especially the people in this family. Who else would love me so much and yet not be afraid to beat me to straighten me up?
When all is said and done, the only people we have is our family and thats it. They'll be there for us always, doesn't matter the distance.
I love you all, Mum, Dad, Brian, Faith, Mama, Godma May and Jude, Godpa, Marc, Shaun, Kenny, Tracie, Kuku, Aunty Lynn, Aunty Maureen, Uncle Derward, Amanda, Trae, Aunty Ran.