Monday, July 26, 2010 @Monday, July 26, 2010
I'm so torn,
I don't know what's right and wrong
Which way is up as I keep sinking
There's nothing left to see, no more words to say or write.
And so I repeat them all
Reveling in the warmth of your voice, I listen, I read, I feel your words caressing me.
And then the tape ends, the pen finds no other page and so the words end.
The warmth escapes, nothing left to feel, I sink deeper into the darkness, into the cold that I'm left in
The tears fall as the wait continues
Silently I pray for your voice, your touch and your words to bring me out of this dark abyss.
You're all that I want, all that I need, all that my heart requires
You placed me up upon a pedestal
And then you push me off
Just to watch me fall
Just so you can kick me to the curb
But just like an addict, I come crawling back
Alone in the darkness I wait
You are my addiction.