Wednesday, March 23, 2011 @Wednesday, March 23, 2011
"What are words with you really don't mean them when you say them." ~ 'What Are Words' lyrics by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins
Reminds me so much of how many people have said things to me that they don't really mean. The inspiration behind this song was the story of Chris Medina from American Idol Season 10. How he stood by his fiancee even after a car accident left her brain damaged, how he was always there for her and stood by and is still standing by her as they go through this TOGETHER.
Sometimes things like these make me wonder if there really is someone out there for someone like me. My friends and family believe that there is, but I've always been doubtful. My friends think that someone like me is bound to find someone who is perfect for me. But I know that no one person is perfect. That we're all perfectly imperfect.
There's this dull ache in my heart that I just can't explain. Sometimes I feel like I've already left my greatest love. Or rather that my greatest love has rejected me. That seeing him always places this dull ache in my heart.
I try to be content with the comments and remarks and points of flattery that other guys give me. But its not the same as that one person who believes in everything that you are, who knows you so well. I know I have that person in my BFF Claudia, but sharing that with someone else, its just something completely different. Not more, or less, just different. I think its cause I've been listening to Trisha Yearwood's This is Me You're Talking To. The chorus of it all really reminds me of this particular someone. Well of two particular someones. The chorus goes like this..
"Me, the one who really knows you
Me, the one whose heart you've broken
Me, the one who was still hoping
You might be missing me"
And I mean, I really do fell like that most of the time. I waste so much of my time on other guys when in actual fact I know who I want. Its a matter of if he wants me too. I thought I was really truly over it all because it was such a long time ago. But this is one thing I don't want to let slip away without even trying.